The new Radio Times has just popped through the letterbox (with a Dalek on the cover!) so let’s take a quick look at what might be catching my interest …
- Saturday, 6:00am, BBC 1, Formula One Qualifying
Yep, F1 is back … and it is China this time around. Apparently, tyre wear could be the crucial factor in Shanghai. Will JB be able to maximise his super-smooth driving style to his benefit? Will Red Bull and Vettel trounce everyone?
- Saturday, 6:30pm, BBC 1 (8:25pm, BBC HD), Doctor Who
The Daleks are back … and the programme title (Victory of the Daleks) suggests that the Doctor might not win this time.
- Saturday, 7:15pm, BBC 3 (9:10pm, BBC HD), Doctor Who Confidential
I really enjoy watching these programmes after watching the episode. They don’t just reveal insights into how the programme is made, but also into the thoughts of the cast and crew.
- Saturday, 9:30pm, ITV 1 (and HD), The Prisoner
I only watched some of the original programme so I probably won’t be too upset if this re-working of the concept doesn’t stick too faithfully to the original. I like the concept, though, so I’ll be giving this one a chance.
- Saturday, 9:30pm, E4 (and HD), The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
I like this film that pulls together characters you encounter elsewhere like Tom Sawyer, Dorian Gray and Jekyll/Hyde.
- Saturday, 10:30pm, ITV 1 (and HD), Die Another Day
A cracking James Bond film with the iconic view of Halle Berry walking out of the sea! Not a film that requires a lot of thinking but fun nevertheless. Just a shame that ITV have got the news part-way through.
- Saturday, 11.40pm, E4 (and HD), Chain Reaction
Nice action thriller with Keanu Reeves.
- Saturday, 9:00pm to 12 midnight, Fiver, Burn Notice
If you haven’t already seen this, Fiver are giving you a chance to see it from the start as they show the first three episodes. I think the characters are well defined and there are great stories.
- Sunday, 7:00am, BBC 1, Formula One Grand Prix
Uninterrupted coverage – not even with a channel change this week!
- Sunday, 8:00pm, ITV 1 (and HD), Foyle’s War
Second of three episodes in the series.
- Sunday, 9:00pm, Film 4, Domino
Interesting sounding action thriller with Keira Knightley and Mickey Rourke.
- Monday, 9:00pm, ITV 2, Hell’s Kitchen USA
The final and, once again, I’m left struggling to understand how “chefs” can smoke so much and still believe they can properly taste the food they are serving up. Possibly the weakest bunch of contestants so far for this programme. Still fun to see Gordon let rip, though!
- Tuesday, 10:45pm, Film 4, Cypher
Twisting sci-fi action thriller starring Jeremy Northan and Lucy Liu.
- Wednesday, 9:00pm, BBC 1 (10:00pm, BBC HD), Can You Train Your Brain?
I enjoy watching Bang Goes the Theory and this is a special edition that shows the results of a country-wide experiment into whether or not brain training computer games actually work.
- Wednesday, 9:00pm, Alibi, Castle
Recently watched the first episode for this new series and loved the interplay between the characters. It will be interesting to see if they can continue with the concept of thriller author helping the police to solve mysteries. Hmm … “Murder She Wrote”, perhaps?
- Wednesday, 9:00pm, Bravo, White Collar
A new series and yet another programme vying for my attention on Wednesday evenings! Thank goodness for +1 channels and repeats. According to the Radio Times, this has the hint of Hustle about it.
- Thursday, 8:00pm, Sky News (11:30pm, BBC 2), The Prime Ministerial Debate
Good to see that BBC 2 are repeating this although Sky News is available on Freeview.
- Thursday, 11:00pm, ITV 3, LA Story
Quirky romantic comedy starring Steve Martin. Always up for a bit of quirky!
- Friday, 9:00pm, Five, The Mentalist
I love the interplay between the characters in this series. You know that Jane is going to solve the mystery of the week but that doesn’t stop it being entertaining particularly when he cheekily gets under the skins of his colleagues.
With the exception of Alibi and Bravo, all of the programmes listed are on Freeview and can be watched on a PC suitably equipped with a tuner and Windows Media Centre.
Now I’m off to do some rejigging on what I’m recording when so that I don’t get any tuner clashes!